|NL | AL-O | AL | AAA-E/V | AAA-OAK/SFJ | 6FT-OAK/SFJ | A/R-OAK/SFJ | REC|
Payment Registry | Pay For Roster Slot | Bird's Eye View Schedule
Jokers win A/R-OAK championship
SUN 11/23 (9:00PM) -- The Jokers defeated Ballin' Since Birth to capture the A/R-OAK championship. We hope to have a team picture and other updates soon/someday... :o)
Make It Rain takes A/R-SJ championship
SUN 11/16 (9:00PM) -- Make It Rain was taken to a one-and-done by the Benchwarmers, but prevailed to win the A/R-SJ championship. We hope to have a team picture and other updates soon/someday... :o)
L'Unis survive A/R-SF to take championship
SUN 11/30 (9:00PM) -- The L'Unis survived a Repeat Championship showdown against Full Tilt to win the A/R-SF championship. We hope to have a team picture and other updates soon/someday... :o)
Playoff matchups for 11/9 determined
WED 11/5 (2:30PM) -- A/R-SF/RWC: I just calculated the commutes for Encore, Highlife, and Full Tilt, who are now stuck in the same bracket. It turns out that Encore has had the most average miles per game, so we will play these games at SQHM on 11/9, barring unforeseen circumstances... More info (scroll down to A/R-SFRWC)
WED 11/5 (12:30PM) -- A/R-SJ: In the A/R-SJ Playoff Bracket, #1 Make It Rain is the survivor of the Winners Bracket and has a one-game advantage (in the double-elim format) over the eventual survivor of the Losers Bracket... More info
WED 11/5 (12:00PM) -- A/R-OAK: Once again, a pretty straightforward remaining A/R-OAK Playoff Bracket. #1 Ballin' Since Birth got sent down to the Losers Bracket by the #4 Jokers. And #2 Dream did the same to #3 Smokey... More info
Matchups for 11/2 determined
WED 10/29 (12:30PM) -- A/R-SF/RWC: In SF/RWC, the only team in the Losers Bracket is Encore, so they will take a bye on 11/2 and await two more teams from the Winners Bracket to fall. On 11/9, the three Losers Bracket teams will become one, with the lowest seeds playing each other first, then the winner playing the highest seed out of the three... More info
WED 10/29 (12:15PM) -- A/R-SJ: In SJ, what we'll call the Southwest playoffs, we have 3 teams in the Losers Bracket, so the highest seed, #3 SJ Jollybee, gets to play the winner of #6 Underworld vs #4 Mojojojo. I'll have the brackets up soon so you can visualize this. In the Winners Bracket, it's simple: #2 Benchwarmers vs #1 Make It Rain... More info
WED 10/29 (12:00PM) -- A/R-OAK: The next round of the playoffs is pretty straightforward, because only seeds #1 thru #4 have double-elimination status, and all four teams won. I'll post the brackets later since it's sort of a lower priority right now, while the gym/scorekeeper/ref reservations are higher priority. Here are the matchups for 11/2... More info
Auto-forfeits for 10/26
SAT 10/25 (11:15AM) -- Updated. WED 10/22 (8:00AM) -- The following teams are at risk of auto-forfeiting this Sunday 10/26...
Again, online payments made after Friday midnight will not even be checked. For the sake of your team, clear up any discrepancies before then, not at tipoff.
- Encore: DEPENDS ON 10/19 PAYMENT INFO TO BE RETRIEVED FROM SEQUOIA
- Make It Rain: 8th game on 10/26, 7 slots paid, $98 due before tipoff
A/R-OAK playoff matchups for 10/26 determined
TUE 10/21 (9:15PM) -- Gotta love the A/R-OAK, the only division's roadmap I haven't touched since September. Amazing! Well, here's how we all finished... More info
Auto-forfeits for 10/19
SAT 10/18 (11:30AM) -- Auto-forfeit list updated below. THU 10/16 (7:45PM) -- The following teams are at risk of auto-forfeiting this Sunday 10/19. Remember, only online payments made by Friday midnight count, and you must make sure the scorekeeper receives and acknowledges your payment on paper if you pay on-site by cash or check. Also, we do not give out change and overpayments cannot be extended to other slots -- it's too much bookkeeping for me to do. Finally, please refrain from calling me on the spot. Take care of your responsibilities well ahead of time, study the Payment Registry now, not at tipoff.
Also, as we approach playoffs, know this: (1) I will automatically forfeit teams when I start scheduling next Tuesday, if they are not fully paid and are about to enter playoffs, and (2) only bring as many players as slots paid -- for example, if you have 9 players, you're supposed to pay for 9 slots and I will not even bother scheduling teams into the playoffs if 8 slots are paid, but the 9th and/or 10th are not...
The Payment Registry will next be updated Saturday morning.
- Encore: 8th game on 10/19, 8 of 9 slots paid, $97 due before tipoff
- Smokey: 8th game on 10/19, 7 slots paid, $92 due before tipoff
- 5one0: 8th game on 10/19, 7 slots paid, $92 due before tipoff
- Wolverines: 8th game on 10/19, 7 slots paid, $92 due before tipoff
- Underworld: 8th game on 10/19, 7 slots paid, $97 due before tipoff
- AnyGivenSunday: 8th game on 10/19, 7 slots paid, $92 due before tipoff
- Mojojojo: 8th game on 10/19, 7 slots paid, $97 due before tipoff
- Bayside Tigers: 8th game on 10/19, 7 slots paid, $92 due before tipoff
- Highlife: 8th game on 10/19, 7 slots paid, $92 due before tipoff
- Other teams that have fewer than 8 slots paid (future auto-forfeit warning): Make It Rain
Matchups for 10/19 determined
THU 10/16 (3:45PM) -- The Bird's Eye supercedes the information here. If you've been following along, you know that I had to split the SF and SJ teams off in the A/R-SFJ. So the matchups for 10/19 have changed since I did that.
WED 10/15 (7:00PM) -- Boy the schedule matrix first-draft looks yucky. Got too many games at Sequoia and the PHHS director would laugh at my face having just 2 games there. I think I might just segregate the San Jose teams from the SF teams. Sorry I did not see this coming. Basically it's a logistical thing. Let me think about for a couple hours. Feel free to email me any of your thoughts on this.
WED 10/15 (6:45PM) -- Matchups for 10/19 have been pinned in the A/R-SFJ... More info
I'll explain with updated standings later. Btw, the matchups for 10/19 haven't changed from the roadmap for A/R-OAK.
Auto-forfeits for 10/12
SAT 10/11 (1:15AM) -- Remember, online payments after Fri 10/10 at 11:59PM aren't counted because it results in more work for me to chase that down. The following teams are at risk for auto-forfeiting their 10/12 game...
Make sure your payment is written and initialed off by you directly on the front of the scoresheet.
- Jokers: 8th game on 10/12, 7 slots paid, $91 due before tipoff.
- 5one0: 7th game on 10/12, 6 slots paid, $91 due before tipoff.
- Underworld: 7th game on 10/12, 6 slots paid, $96 due before tipoff.
- AnyGivenSunday: 7th game on 10/12, 6 slots paid, $91 due before tipoff.
- Bayside Tigers: 7th game on 10/12, 6 slots paid, $91 due before tipoff.
- Highlife: 7th game on 10/12, 6 slots paid, $91 due before tipoff.
- Eagles: 7th game on 10/12, 6 slots paid, $96 due before tipoff.
Southwest matchups for 10/12 pinned
THU 10/8 (10:15PM) -- Pinned matchups for Southwest for 10/12. Mojojojo gets to try and clinch double-elim playoff status with a win over 5th-place Raging Rickshaws. Same thing with SJ Jollybee against 6th-place Underworld. But then the Benchwarmers already clinched with a big win last week vs Mojojojo... More info
Auto-forfeits for 10/5
NOTE: UNDERWORLD MUST PAY FOR 2 SLOTS IMMEDIATELY, OR CALL ME TO ARRANGE DROP-OFF OF CASH OR CHECK *TODAY*, OR I WILL FORFEIT THEIR GAME BY 5:00PM TODAY, FRI 10/3.
SAT 10/3 (9:00AM) -- Updated. No more online payments will be counted towards 10/5, so here's what we got for tomorrow...
FRI 10/3 (8:00AM) -- Here are the teams at risk of auto-forfeiting this Sunday 10/5. Remember that online payments made only as of Fri 10/3 at 11:59PM will count towards those due on 10/5. If you are listed as "TO BE DETERMINED", that means I don't have your gym binder in my possession to give final confirmation, so in the meantime check the Payment Registry for last week's status and verify with your teammates that they paid on 9/28...
- Jokers: 7th game on 10/5, 6 slots paid, $90 due before tipoff
- Smokey: 7th game on 10/5, 6 slots paid, $90 due before tipoff
- 5one0: 6th game on 10/5, 3 slots paid, $270 due before tipoff
- Underworld: 6th game on 10/5,
1 3 slots paid, $450 $285+$5 due before tipoff
- Highlife: 6th game on 10/5, 5 slots paid, $90 due before tipoff
- Eagles: 6th game on 10/5, 4 slots paid, $190 due before tipoff
- SJ Jollybee: 6th game on 10/5, 5 slots paid, $95 due before tipoff
I hope to have more positive news with a mid-season recap article soon. I already wrote one for 6FT, but I won't be free until late afternoon Fri again to write anything, so we can only hope I have the energy to muster one up soon.
Auto-forfeits have finally caught up to you
SAT 9/27 (9:00PM) -- SO HERE ARE THE TEAMS THAT COULD BE AUTO-FORFEITED THIS SUNDAY:
FRI 9/26 (8:00AM) -- I mean, you had to know this was coming. Thanks to Big Tony's efforts with the standings, I can now figure out who owes how many payments. First off, here are the ground rules:
- Smokey: 6th game on 9/28, 5 slots paid, $89 due before tipoff.
- AnyGivenSunday: 6th game on 9/28,
4 5 slots paid, $89 x 2 due before tipoff.
- Highlife: 5th game on 9/28, 3 slots paid, $89 x 2 due before tipoff.
- SJ Jollybee: 5th game on 9/28, 1 slot paid, $94 due before tipoff.
- Eagles: 5th game on 9/28, 2 slots paid, $94 x 3 due before tipoff.
Beware for next week: Jokers, 5one0, Underworld. Actually, Underworld is at serious risk here: One measly roster slot accounted for after playing 5 games already. Hello?
- All payments must be made before tipoff. None of this, "Oh it's in the car, I'll get it after the game." Heard that one a million times. We're in an age of an ATM on every block. Go down the block. We'll see you soon. Oh and btw, if we have to wait for you, then the pro-rated 7-minute quarter time kicks in. Your opponent's not gonna be happy about that.
- All payments must be made in full. It's $94 for SJ/RWC-based teams and $89 for SF/OAK-based teams this week. Scorekeepers have been instructed not to accept anything less than $94 or $89. And they will not carry change.
- Any online payments must be accompanied by a printed receipt of the Google Checkout payment and given to the scorekeeper. This saves the scorekeeper from calling the commish, who would have to look up the payment receipt in his email inbox, which takes time, which will eat away at your game.
- All payments must be accurately recorded on the front of your scoresheet. If it doesn't, then I have no record of the payment, and your team might end up still owing your slot next week, at $1 more to boot.
- We don't care who pays for your teammate's slot. If you don't want to cover your teammate's spot, then the whole team suffers with the auto-forfeit. We're certainly not in the mood to be left holding the bag.
No updates to season roadmaps
WED 9/24 (8:00AM) -- FYI, despite other divisions having possible modifications to their season schedule roadmaps, neither the A/R-OAK or A/R-SFJ roadmaps have changed since the initial posts.
A/R-OAK season schedule roadmap
TUE 9/9 (9:50AM) -- Here's the season schedule roadmap for A/R-OAK (finally!)... More info
A/R-SFJ season schedule roadmap
TUE 9/9 (9:45AM) -- Here's the season schedule roadmap for A/R-SFJ (finally!). The season schedule roadmap for A/R-OAK will post shortly, above this post... More info