2007__Gold Rush to San Francisco (INT/REC)
|OPEN | 6FT | INT | Bird's Eye View Schedule | Gold Rush Info Page|
Ballin' wins INT championship
DECEMBER 11, 2007 (8:00AM) -- Ballin' defeated the Poorcats to win the 2007 Gold Rush INT championship. Nic Vu shot the lights out and either he or setup man Shin Iwata would win the MVP if we had the wherewithal to select an all-tourney team (kinda hard when you got a million things on your plate and you know the stats won't be updated for quite some time). Mike Salamin was the standout for the Poorcats.
So anyways, the scores have been posted on the Bird's Eye page, but I won't quite get around to the boxscores on the SCHEDULE/SCORES page as well as the resultant PLAYER STATS page until I finish the following during the holidays...
The next tournament(s) to put on your calendars might be...
- Make one more update to the Summer Vegas 2007 tournament recap
- Input stats for the Vegas 2007 Asian American National Championship
- Write the tourney recap for the Vegas 2007 AANC
Email me if any of the above interest you. If I don't hear anything, then I'm assuming there might not be enough traction.
- SoCal Regional (mid-Jan?) -- this is a totally new idea and I'd like to piggyback it with the proposed IndoPak Nationals, but I sure wish the IndoPak contingent in LA would commit to something. They were thinking of MLK/President's Day Weekend mid-January. 6FT Ichiban (LA) already suggested running a tourney down in LA, coincidentally.
- New Orleans All-Star Weekend (2/16-17) -- this was gonna be a FREE tournament (with expected donations to New Orleans), but airfares look pretty expensive right now; who knows, maybe our Houston brethren from a couple years back would like to make the drive out.
- All-Star Weekend in Vegas (2/16-17) -- this might make more sense if New Orleans falls through (Delano Killa Beez have already asked about it).
- Beijing Olympics with Shanghai and Manila Tournament -- I'm seriously thinking about adding a Manila, Philippines component to this trip (obviously this will not be cheap, but it will be ONCE IN A LIFETIME)
Anyways, thanks to all of you for participating this year and check back after the holidays for stats, recaps, and a few photos and video clips.
Quickie results from 12/8
DECEMBER 9, 2007 (8:30AM) -- See Bird's Eye for scores from 12/8. Here are seeds...
1. Sacto (2-0)
2. Ballin (1-1) [+16]
3. FFBL (1-1) [+7]
4. Poorcats (1-1) [+3]
5. Bomb Squad Lite (1-1) [-7]
6. BTR (1-1) [-19]
7. Ryusei (0-2)
INT team previews
DECEMBER 7, 2007 (5:30PM) -- Here are some team previews for our 7-team INT, in alphabetical order...I've gotta say that Ballin probably has the edge, but other than them as a probably shoo-in for the Final Four, it seems like a toss up... More info
Seven Intermediate (INT) teams
DECEMBER 7, 2007 (3:30PM) -- Welcome to San Francisco! I'll be posting a brief preview of the teams soon. The schedule has been posted both on the Bird's Eye page (link is above) and the SCHEDULE/SCORES page (link on the lefthand navigation column). Please note that if there are any discrepancies, go by the Bird's Eye because it's a straight copy/paste from my scheduling spreadsheet. The SCHEDULE/SCORES page requires me to click a million things and hit submit, so is more subject to human error. Let's recap the tourney format with the field of seven Intermediate (INT) teams... More info