|NL | AL-E | AL-P | AAA-E | AAA-P | AAA-6 | REC | AL-E Playoff Brackets|
SIGNUPS FOR NEXT SEASON ('07 SPRING/SUMMER)
Rams stop Sagong, win championship
APRIL 3, 2007 -- Recaps and VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS...
Rams shutdown Sagong to win AL-Elite championship (3/18)
Karl Gusner leads Rams past O.E. (3/11)
MARCH 19, 2007 -- Starting with Ross Lim, a concerted effort by the Rams to stop CCAA's Kevin Sagong paid off as the Oakland Rams won the AL-Elite championship handily over CCAA. Stats, scores, recaps, and videos coming soon.
VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS from 3/4
MARCH 17, 2007 -- Video highlights now embedded... See videos
MARCH 16, 2007 -- Not quite ready yet in terms of embedding the video onto our website, but here's the link to all of the highlights from 3/4. Be sure to click on the "See All" link on this page... More info
Stats from 3/11 are up. Recaps and videos for 3/11 forthcoming.
Tipoff for 3/18 Championship Posted
MARCH 15, 2007 -- Click Bird's Eye View link above or SCHEDULE/SCORES page. It's a one-and-done affair, since CCAA only has single-elimination status.
Mini-Recaps from 3/4
MARCH 15, 2007 -- Catch up on the previous weekend's slate of playoff games from 3/4. Some video highlights might be available soon, too. Also stay tuned for the same from 3/11.
As we finish off the season, look out for a recap of the season we just had, and what to look for next season as we'll be polling the captains on their teams' intentions, then updating the Rumor Mill for Spring/Summer 2007. We're going as fast as one man can input stats, write recaps, and upload video... More info
Playoff Brackets for 3/18 Updated
MARCH 13, 2007 -- Click on the Playoff Brackets link above. The Oakland Rams eliminated O.E. to setup the championship game vs CCAA this weekend. Details forthcoming, including recaps from 3/11 and 3/4.
Notes and VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS from 2/25
MARCH 8, 2007 -- Recaps and a bunch of highlights for Money Tree, but they lost... More info
Reminder: Dumb-light Savings Time this Sunday
MARCH 7, 2007 -- Don't forget to set your clocks ahead one hour before your Sunday tipoff... More info
The formerly 1-7 CCAA reaches final!
MARCH 6, 2007 -- CCAA has done what no other 1-7 team in Dream League history has done: fought its way through the bracket and reached the championship game. Kevin Sagong was once again unstoppable as he led CCAA to another upset, this time against OE.
In the Losers Bracket, James Kim scored 39 points as Five Ten outgunned an under-manned Money Tree, but were no match for the Oakland Rams, in which center Dan Gusner dominated the paint. So on 3/11 it will be OE vs the Rams. Luckily for both teams, CCAA has guys taking finals at Davis this weekend and has requested the championship to be played on 3/18. So OE or the Rams need not play a doubleheader on 3/11.
Stats and recaps from 2/25 and 3/4 will hopefully be posted later this week.
Schedule for 3/4 Posted
MARCH 1, 2007 -- Wow, it's March already. Btw, we plan to start next season with a soft launch on April 9. You can probably start your team as late as 2 weeks (4/23) after that. Look out for our usual big pre-season blast email.
Anyways, click on the Bird's Eye View link above for 3/4. Again, the SCORES/SCHEDULES page won't be updated for another 24-36 hours. Also, the scores and stats from last week are gonna be a little delayed, as we weren't able to pickup the scoresheets from CSM, BCRC, and IJRC. The good news is, most of the stats from up to 2/11 should all be up by now and you know who won by the Playoff Brackets page. If not, feel free to email us, as our assumption is that our teenage statcrew fulfilled their assignments.
Use Common Sense with Scheduling
FEBRUARY 27, 2007 -- Please be reminded of several things when it comes to scheduling. First, we have designed dreamleague to be flexible to every teams' ever-changing weekly desires (that's why we do it this way), but please provide specific times when making requests, otherwise you leave it open to interpretation. Second, we're in playoffs and many teams are gone, which means tipoff timeframes are, by nature, squeezed because gym directors only want to deal with blocks of time in a row.
Scheduling decisions will be made on a democratic basis. Failing that, we will do what is best for league logistics, which often include scorekeeping staff constraints. Finally and most importantly, be prepared for the worst. If the stars between you and your opponent's requests -- along with that of the gym directors -- do not align, then your players will have to make some choices. Don't be surprised if some games are decided by the players who are able to clear their Sunday schedules over those who are not.
Playoff Brackets Updated for 3/4
FEBRUARY 26, 2007 -- My oh my have they been updated (click on the Playoff Bracket link above), by surging CCAA which upset the heavily favored Oakland Rams, and quite convincingly. Kevin Sagong had a big game, but this time he was able to dominate in the final three quarters (instead of, say, the first three) as Henry Chhiv stepped up big and led the way with 13 points in the first quarter before getting injured.
That means we have three teams now in the Losers Bracket and the Oakland Rams are the highest seed. So Five Ten and Money Tree will have to kill each other before facing the Rams in another killer battle. Wow, this has the intensity of some of our tournaments! Rams have homecourt on this entire Losers Bracket, so these games are likely to be in Oakland. More info later this week (and hopefully a report from Torrent).
Schedule for 2/25 Posted
FEBRUARY 22, 2007 -- Click on the Bird's Eye View link above. Please note that we'll put the schedule up on each league's SCHEDULE/SCORES page, but the SCHEDULE/SCORES page is prone to error, so please report any errors you see on SCHEDULE/SCORES to the league ASAP (this will be on Friday).
Playoff Brackets Updated
FEBRUARY 19, 2007 -- Click on the Playoff Brackets link above.
Seeking PTPs (and Big Men) for Vegas
FEBRUARY 13, 2007 -- We're looking for a few more good men (Prime Time Players and especially Big Men) to join our "Dream League Represent" team for this weekend's Vegas All-Star Weekend.
The team has merged with the Prodigies, consisting of Gold Rush MVP Sunny Margate, perennial AL all-star Barry Lee and former NL MVP Sean Caiola.
Transportation by minivan and lodging is already taken care of. Just hop in! Email me at email@example.com.
Refs for 2/11, Scheduling for 2/25
FEBRUARY 9, 2007 -- FYI: for 2/11, 5 of our top 7 refs are unavailable.
For 2/25 (remember, 2/18 is a leaguewide bye unless there are a bunch of objections), please to tell us early about your tipoff preferences. If there are particularly special/acute requests, we will ask you to provide one scorekeeper before or after your game, that week or the following.
This bears repeating because two of our veteran teams this past weekend alerted the league office to times they could not attend, at the last minute.
To all the players out there, don't make your captains look like a troublemaker to the league office. Be a little more proactive with your calendar. Communicate with your captain. If you don't, then you're leaving your team out to dry at the worst time, during playoffs.
Tipoffs for 2/11 Posted
FEBRUARY 8, 2007 -- See Bird's Eye View link above. SCHEDULE/SCORES pages, which are more error-prone, to be updated later. Bird's Eye is just a copy/paste of the master spreadsheet, so it's final.
Reminder: no games on 2/18
FEBRUARY 6, 2007 -- As you should know by now, I'll be gone on 2/18 for the Vegas All-Star Weekend Tourney. It's listed as a league-wide bye.
If this is a problem for anyone, please let us know ASAP, although we'd be hard-pressed to find backup staff to run dreamleague on 2/18 anyways.
Only #4 vs #5 on 2/11
FEBRUARY 6, 2007 -- Due to gym limitations and natural selection through logistical quirks, we are going to pit #5 CCAA at #4 Five Ten and that will be it for the first round of playoffs starting 2/11... More info
Bird's Eye View Schedule for 2/4 Now Up
FEBRUARY 1, 2007 (8:00AM) -- See Bird's Eye link above. For AL-E this is the last regular season weekend of games. Reminder: all teams should have 8 regular season games completed after 2/4. Only teams with more than 8 paid roster slots can have more than 8 players anytime during the playoffs.
Up for grabs this weekend is the #1 seed, should Five Ten beat the Rams. I have not yet decided if what's best for the league is to give the #1 seed a first-round bye or force the winner of #5 and #4 to play a doubleheader and advance to face #1 on the same day (Round 1 still). So there are major playoff implications this weekend.
Final payment audit will occur by Fri 2/2.
As usual, the SCHEDULE/SCORES page will not be posted until later (and is more prone to error whereby the Bird's Eye View is the final version).
Auto-Forfeit Alerts for 1/28
JANUARY 26, 2007 (4:30PM) -- Check the online spreadsheet on the Registry of Payments page (link is on the right). The following teams are at risk of forfeiting before tipoff this Sunday 1/28...
The following teams will be at risk of auto-forfeits next week 2/4...
- O.E.: 6 spots paid, 7th game on 1/28 = 1 spot to be paid.
Matchup Explanations for 1/28
- Five Ten: 8th game on 2/4, 7 spots paid thus far.
- O.E.: 8th game on 2/4, 6 spots paid thus far.
JANUARY 26, 2007 (1:00PM) -- Just another regular AL-E week, with Rams a bye. On 2/4, we enter our last regular season week, which will have OE vs CCAA and Rams vs Five. Tipoffs will be before Superbowl kickoff, so expect early tipoffs. Money Tree gets lucky and gets the bye on 2/4.
Auto-forfeit report comes out later today.
AL- Elite Team Updates
JANUARY 26, 2007 (8:00AM) -- [From Torrent Lee:] With only two weeks left before playoffs, here is a quick update on teams in this division... More info
DLBA Content Finally Within Earshot of DLNY's
JANUARY 26, 2007 (8:00AM) -- Okay, the real headline should be "Team Profile of AAA-P Das Boot", but this stuff is so good, every division has this paragraph on their homepage now.
Vinsanity's interview of Das Boot captain John Yi finally gives us one notch in terms of awesome local content. If you've ever read the DL NYC pages, you know that we've been envious of such fantastic reading consumption. Only about 364 such interviews to go to catch up to NYC. Thank you, Vinsanity... More info
Schedule for 1/28 Posted
JANUARY 25, 2007 (8:00PM) -- See Bird's Eye View link above.
Schedule for 1/28 Posted
JANUARY 25, 2007 (8:00PM) -- See Bird's Eye View link above.
Still Working on the 1/28 Schedule
JANUARY 25, 2007 (12:00PM) -- Sorry about this. Killed a day working (finally) on the Vegas tournament. Also, remember that Big T Monkey and I are geeks and spend certain Saturdays coding the new dreamleague website. Saturday was tiring as I had to spend another 3 hours till 1am sorting out the 3rd batch of t-shirts. Plus, I spend about 13 hours every Sunday running the league, so I definitely took my single "weekend" day on Monday.
Anyhow, the schedule should be up by 5pm today. Auto-forfeit updates also coming soon, so you better get your payments in before they go up by $1 tonight.
JANUARY 18, 2007 (3:00PM) -- Time to check the Payment Registry page again (see link on the right under "articles from this season"). Here are the teams that are at risk of auto-forfeiting this Sunday 1/21...
...and the teams that will be in jeopardy next week...
- Money Tree: 6 spots paid, 7th game on 1/21 = 1 spot to be paid by 1/21.
Please keep checking the Payment Registry page for updates.
- Five Ten: 6 spots paid, 7th game on 1/28 = 1 spot to be paid by 1/28.
- O.E.: 6 spots paid, 7th game on 1/28 = 1 spot to be paid by 1/28.
Schedule for 1/21 Now Up
JANUARY 18, 2007 (10:30AM) -- Bird's Eye View schedule is now up (see link above). SCHEDULE/SCORES pages being updated ASAP.
One thing that is still not getting through to dozens of players is that as soon as they know their own personal schedule for Sunday and it affects their team's/teams' minimum 6-hour tipoff window, they should contact their captain immediately or just email the league office and copy in their captain.
If you do this before Tuesday of every week, you have a much greater chance of getting the time you want. If you wait until Tuesday afternoon and we've already started the schedule, it is usually nearly impossible to accommodate because our schedule has so many dependencies, namely with guys playing on multiple teams and making sure scorekeepers who play on certain teams are in the right place at the right time. Thus, by Tuesday night, the schedule becomes a veritable house of cards.
Don't forget that if you do make a special tipoff request, it is customary to scorekeep the game before or after in exchange. This is because it is indeed more difficult to construct the schedule with constrained parameters.
Matchups for 1/21
JANUARY 17, 2006 -- We're still working on the tipoffs. In the meantime, here are some notes for 1/21...
Payment registries will be updated today and potential auto-forfeits announced tomorrow.
- Five at CCAA: Mike Kraus of Five and NL GmTm will probably have 30 min to jet to IJRC -- unavoidable due to various scorekeeper complexities. CCAA must win in quest to reach .500 and double-elim status for playoffs. Kevin Sagong better bring it and stop Kraus. If CCAA wins, wow, what a finish we'll have with everyone hovering around .500.
- Tree at Rams: Tree has players on both AL Prod and NL GmTm, so this will be midday at OAK. Rams loss to OE on 1/14 was huge in terms of balance of power shifting back to the middle. Now the mega-matchup against Tree. Karl Gusner (Rams) vs Keith Wang (Tree). Taller interior of Rams like sf Ross Lim and Dan Gusner vs blazing speed of Tree perimeter with Barry Lee and Sean Caiola. Got my courtside ticket!
- BYE: O.E. (what a great win over Rams without interior presence of Justin Williams).
Reminder: Keep Our Gyms Clean
JANUARY 11, 2007 (12:00PM) -- Every now and then, we have to send out a reminder. Please pickup plastic bottles and stuff that you normally leave at the bench.
Just bring ONE empty bottle with you on the way out and dump it in the garbage can. At Potrero, this has become really bad. So I'll try to get the gym director to move the garbage bins closer to each bench, but let's just not get him mad, okay?
1/14 Schedule Now Up
JANUARY 11, 2007 (8:00AM) -- Bird's Eye View now up. SCHEDULE/SCORES to be updated later. More on 1/14...
Photos of dreamleaguers
- Payments haven't been updated for a few days.
- Auto-forfeit list (if any) to be posted soon.
- Bye: CCAA.
- OE/Rams: no choice but 11am game due to Rams on other teams.
- Five/Tree: no issues.
- Scores are currently about 4-5 days' lag.
- Stats are currently at about 2 weeks' lag.
JANUARY 9, 2007 -- Vinsanity has been taking some pics for us, mostly starting with AAA-P. Here are some updated as of 1/7. Maybe at some point during the playoffs he'll have a few shots of every division, but his primary focus will be AAA-P West... View photos
Quick Request: Paper for Scoresheets Needed!
JANUARY 9, 2007 -- While we have a break in the action early in the week, we'd like to request at least two (2) packs of 8.5" x 11" paper to print on. Doesn't have to be fancy; matter of fact, we'd prefer if it is of the "recycled" kind. These will be used as our scoresheets every week. We use about 70 sheets of paper for the 35 or so games we have each week, so we're a bit dwindled by now.
So if your big company can spare a ream or two, for the good of our community organization in which the bulk of the paper will eventually get handled by a teenager from the projects, please bring a ream or two to your next game this Sunday 1/14. THANKS!
More Scheduling News and Gym Idiocy
JANUARY 5, 2007 -- Check the AL-E Season Schedule page for more...
A transcript of why the SCHEDULE/SCORES page didn't go up on Thu...
- Looks like smooth sailing from here on out.
- Remember, single-elim in playoffs for those below .500, since you will have already played all teams twice.
See the stupid !@#$% I have to deal with?
- Flashback to Wed 1/3. Commish on call to SMHS gym booker: "Is SMHS available this Sunday?"
- SMHS gym booker: "Yes, it's wide open."
- Commish: "Great, I'll call you on Thu with the specific times."
- SMHS: "Talk to booker supervisor in the morning since I won't get in until 1pm."
- Commish on Thu morning, voicemail to booker supe: "Just reconfirming Sunday."
- No word back for 6 hours.
- SMHS booker in v-mail to Commish: "Supe just told me they've got Color Guard in the gym all day Saturday. Sorry, can't do it."
- Commish with puzzled look at his cellphone, thinks: "But I friggin' asked for SUNDAY!" Leaves another voicemail.
- WHAT THIS MEANS TO YOU: If you're scheduled to play in SMHS, I might need to move it to SQHX (Sequoia auxiliary gym).
Glaring payment delinquencies...
Rise Up, Oakland (Literally) for 1/7
- O.E.: Must pay for 1 more spot before tipoff!
- Money Tree: Will face auto-forfeit concerns next week.
JANUARY 4, 2007 -- Check the Bird's Eye View for the schedule for 1/7, link is above. Due to the gym issues mentioned below, all Oakland games will be earlier than usual. This is the week where we predicted that everyone will have to suck it up. The SCHEDULE/SCORES page will be updated in a few hours.
The good news is, we've checked with IJRC for 1/14 and beyond, and we're looking good. More on 1/14 and beyond in a forthcoming article.
DON'T FORGET TO UPDATE YOUR PAYMENTS TO AVOID AUTO-FORFEITS (AND LATE FEES) THIS WEEKEND!!!
Some Good News, Some Bad News Affecting 1/7
JANUARY 3, 2007 -- Don't forget to check the payment issues in the immediate article below. Meanwhile, here's the bad news first...
Now here's the good news...
- OAKLAND TIPOFFS: We cannot play any later than a 12pm tipoff at IJRC (due to baby shower) and a 3:30pm tipoff at BCRC (due to famed Oakland Rebels youth practice). This means some Oakland teams have to start sucking it up and playing a little earlier than usual. Unless they want to play in SF. And tell us before it's too late.
- OAKLAND GYMS: We're trying to secure something at IJRC so this doesn't happen again. SACC got booked up all of a sudden (probably by the East Bay youth church league). We tried Alameda Point, Merritt and Laney College. Longfellow Middle School in Berkeley is still prohibitively expensive. We're pulling out all the stops. It just ain't happening right now in the thick of youth hoops. Just ask Encinal or Alameda HS, where NJB dominates. Luckily, this will all subside in March.
- GAMES ON SUPERBOWL 2/4: With a domino effect from above, everyone please be prepared to play on 2/4. Last tipoff would be at 1pm, since the Superbowl kicks off at 3pm. Teams that have requested tipoffs later than 1pm will have to suck it up. Not all divisions will play on 2/4. We will have more info as we get closer.
- PAYMENTS: Bears repeating to check the Payments article below, since forfeits and late fees are affected.
- T-SHIRTS: They've been ordered. Apparently a few of you didn't read the FAQ on t-shirts. Relax. It's just a t-shirt (that we can't pay for until we get certain payments in on time). Despite our perennial low-budget hand-to-mouth survival instincts, you will definitely get your t-shirt, so long as you paid on time and online way back. That being said, the vendor has said that only one-third of the shipment will be available this week, but it's crazy logistics getting the tees out to you anyways, so that doesn't change anything -- we'll still be handing out t-shirts at scorer's tables the next 3 weeks.
- LAST SEASON'S CHAMPIONS: We've got your awards, too. Will be distributed like the t-shirts, at scorer's table (maybe) at your game. Remember, it's a logistical nightmare, so please don't get too over-anxious right away.
- WE'RE MOSTLY CAUGHT UP ON STATS: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for specific questions. And be very, very specific. Don't just say, "My stats are wrong." That doesn't help us one bit. You gotta point out the exact game, date, time, location, name of player, what stat is wrong, everything. By doing so, you save us time, otherwise we have to jump into the damn haystack to find your needle.
- STATS IS WORTH ANOTHER BULLET POINT: Almost totally being caught up with stats is a monumental effort led by Mark Chin. It's literally worth another "good news" bullet point to nearly even it all out. If you spot any curiously interesting stats, please let us know and we'll post them for everyone's entertainment.
Payments Audited -- O.E. on Notice
JANUARY 2, 2007 -- We welcome the New Year on a bit of alert status, at least for O.E. As seen on the AL-E Registry of Payments page, O.E. is a little behind on the payments.
They are supposed to have 5 spots paid for by tipoff Sunday 1/7, but they currently only have 3.
All other teams appear to be safe from risk of auto-forfeit, but Money Tree and Five Ten should take note that they are at risk of falling behind in the coming weeks.
Use the payment button on the right, or if you are having trouble finding it, click directly to the Payments page.
As you can see, we are well into the season by now and fees have gone up by $1 per game week elapsed. Everyone who pays this week will be paying a cumulative $5 late fee. Fees will continue to go up by $1 each week we have games.
Scheduling Notes for 12/10
DECEMBER 8, 2006 -- CCAA/OE swapped with AAA-6 game. CCAA/OE now at 1:30pm, which means player on NL EBC probably can't make the NL game, but CCAA confirmed it has top priority.
DECEMBER 7, 2006 -- SCHEDULE/SCORES page to be updated within a few hours.
Corporate Donations Drive
- CCAA at OE: CCAA player can still make NL EBC game on time.
- Five at Rams: Locked in at 1pm due to NL EBC at 2:45pm at SMHS. That allows 45 minutes commute time. If running late, call the commish so he can stall.
- Bye: Tree
DECEMBER 6, 2006 (7:00PM) -- Even though it's pretty much essential to our survival, we've been way too swamped of late to follow up with you guys about corporate donations. Our newest dreamleague volunteer, Miky Kuo, might be giving you a call to set something up via snail mail (filling out a form) or at this Sunday's games. Thanks for your help as we strive to get all this done before the tax season ends on 12/31.
Major Gym Problems for 12/10
DECEMBER 6, 2006 (4:00PM) -- There's a lot of AAU youth tourneys going on this weekend. SQHS and IJRC are not available and BCRC now has reduced hours. We are trying to plug up the holes, but don't be surprised if we have to postpone some of the following: NL, AAA-P East/South, and REC Oakland. All of these leagues or conferences, we foresee the ability to do makeup games, probably in the morning on 2/4 (Superbowl Sunday). Stay tuned, because while postponement is imminent, IT IS NOT DEFINITE. Schedules will be up in the next 24 hours.
Bay Area Gold Rush Tourney Coming Up!
DECEMBER 5, 2006 -- The deadline for the upcoming Gold Rush Tourney is fast approaching! For the Elite division, we have some new national rankings, which should get interesting as we head into 2007 because there is a parallel elite tourney the same weekend at our Gotham City Games. For our Bay Area tourney, there are also updated lists of teams attending for other divisions, which include Competitive (like our league's AL), 6-Foot, INT/REC (like our AAA), and Masters (35-and-over)... More info
Much-Belated Season Preview
NOVEMBER 2, 2006 -- Welcome to another exciting season of Dream League. This will be my first season trying to cover all the team’s progress and results... More info
Btw, CCAA still only has single-elimination due to their sub-.500 regular season, but on the other hand, they're only one more win from getting into the championship, which is the best anyone can hope for going into the season.
Scheduling Notes for 12/3
NOVEMBER 30, 2006 -- Scheduling notes for 12/3...
Every Team Will Have to Suck It Up a Little
- Standings page is broke, due to glitch with only one conference. Will try to fix it soon. For now, just check your records by hand via the SCHEDULE/SCORES page.
- Let me know if there's a typo on the SCHEDULE/SCORES page compared with the Bird's Eye View, which is usually more correct because it's just a text copy/paste whereas SCHEDULE/SCORES involves a lot more error-prone clicking.
- Based on the craziness of this week's scheduling, we will attempt to start scheduling games every Tue instead of Wed. This means all special requests should be emailed before the end of Tue, otherwise you might as well not request it because it's probably too late.
- Bye: Rams.
- Tree at CCAA: Tree has overlaps with AL-P Prod and NL GmTm, and this is the only tipoff remaining, which is a relatively early one for both teams esp. CCAA which is coming from Sacto. Not much we could do about that. Tree has players scorekeeping the 10am game.
- OE at Five: Locked in at 1pm with Five having player scorekeep at 2pm.
NOVEMBER 29, 2006 -- Here are some hot items of late:
On tap for the website Thursday: 12/3 scheduling and notes and Gold Rush Tourney stuff
- We have been getting quite a few 1pm or later tipoff requests. We don't have any additional gym space; it would cost everyone more money to try and find new gyms just for the afternoon. Everyone will need to suck it up once in awhile and play at 9:30 or 10:00 at some point. If someone has a better alternative, such as a new gym where fees are affordable, let us know.
- If your team makes a special request, we will need your help in returning the favor with game scorekeeping, or 1-hour scoresheet compiling (which helps get your stats up faster), before or after your game.
- We could still use more help with the stats. This could be as simple as sticking around after your game to compile your stats, in which we would bump your team's stats up to #1 priority for the week, or helping us get more youth staffers.
For Friday: The start of league articles for AAA-P, NL, AL-E, AL-P, and AAA-E.
Chinese Youth with Skillz for LeBron Commercial
NOVEMBER 27, 2006 -- We got a call today from Blake Casting in Hollywood. They are filming the next LeBron James commercial with Microsoft. Probably has something to do with LeBron's deliberate push into the Chinese market.
They are looking to cast a PAID role alongside LeBron. This person must be:
Contact us immediately for more details.
- Genetically Chinese.
- A 10- to 15 year-old BOY (unfortunately not looking for girls).
- An otherwise awesome basketball player with really good skills.
Roster Slot Fees Have Started to Go Up
NOVEMBER 27, 2006 -- Roster slot fees have gone up two bucks from the original price. This is actually one week behind schedule, as we originally said prices would be going up starting 11/6.
We have found this to be the only effective way to get your slow-paying teammates to get moving.
Please be aware that one roster slot per game played must be paid BEFORE TIPOFF, otherwise your team will AUTOMATICALLY FORFEIT. If you cannot pay online by credit card, you can pay the senior Dream League scorekeeper at the scorer's table.
If you pay by cash, be sure it's written down on the scoresheet and signed by you.
WE WILL BE UPDATING PAYMENTS MADE PER TEAM IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS. The payment info currently found on the Rumor Mill will be transferred to each appropriate league page. If you are unsure if certain teammates have paid or not, send us a quick email and we will do a search in our Google Checkout account. A full audit is expected after 12/11 as we hit the Tourney/Xmas/NewYear break.