|NL | AL-E | AL-P | AAA-E | AAA-P | AAA-6 | REC | AAA-6 Playoff Brackets|
SIGNUPS FOR NEXT SEASON ('07 SPRING/SUMMER)
Kim's trey and-one wins 'chip for Sqad Up
MARCH 30, 2007 -- Here's the cool stuff. Includes VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS where possible:
Ligers' 5-point 3rd quarter spells doom (3/18)
Rounders escape buzzer-beating trey attempt by Sqad Up (3/18)
Championship recap and video from 3/25 will be up soon. Stats from 3/25 already up.
MARCH 26, 2007 -- John Kim's three-pointer with the foul and free throw converted, with about 30 seconds left took Sqad Up to the AAA-6FT promised land.
That put Sqad Up 47-46. The Rounders' Vince Lau answered back with a jumper to take the lead by 1, but Kim got fouled by Lau on a drive with about 14 seconds left, a 2-second differential on the shotclock, and the Rounders in the penalty. Kim drained both free throws. The Rounders failed to get the ball to Lau for the last shot and A-nanh Tien's three-point heave at the buzzer missed everything.
As friend of both teams and captain and star player of Wildcats 510 Vaesna "Vaz" San said, "This is better than the NCAAs." Stats are up. Videos and recaps from both 3/18 and 3/25 will be up soon.
Rounders force repeat championship
MARCH 22, 2007 -- Tipoff for the repeat championship has been set at 12:30pm this Sunday 3/25. See SCHEDULE/SCORES page.
MARCH 19, 2007 -- The Rounders eliminated the Ligers, then narrowly escaped a missed open three-pointer at the buzzer by Sqad Up's San Saelee to force a repeat championship on 3/25. The game will be at IJRC and the time will be sometime during midday, to be nailed down no later than Thursday morning.
Stats, scores, recaps, and videos coming soon.
VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS from 3/4
MARCH 17, 2007 -- Video highlights now embedded... See videos
MARCH 16, 2007 -- Not quite ready yet in terms of embedding the video onto our website, but here's the link to all of the highlights from 3/4. Be sure to click on the "See All" link on this page... More info
Stats from 3/11 are up. Recaps and videos for 3/11 forthcoming.
Tipoffs for 3/18 Posted
MARCH 15, 2007 -- Click Bird's Eye View link above or SCHEDULE/SCORES page.
Mini-Recaps from 3/4
MARCH 15, 2007 -- Catch up on the previous weekend's slate of playoff games from 3/4. Some video highlights might be available soon, too. Also stay tuned for the same from 3/11.
As we finish off the season, look out for a recap of the season we just had, and what to look for next season as we'll be polling the captains on their teams' intentions, then updating the Rumor Mill for Spring/Summer 2007. We're going as fast as one man can input stats, write recaps, and upload video... More info
Playoff Brackets for 3/18 Updated
MARCH 13, 2007 -- Click on the Playoff Brackets link above. Sqad Up upset the Ligers, so the Ligers will now face the Rounders, then the winner will face Sqad Up in the championship.
In the Losers Bracket on 3/11, Wildcats 510 eliminated In It To Win It in a close one, then got eliminated by the Rounders in a blowout as all their energy was spent in the first game. Details forthcoming, including recaps from 3/11 and 3/4.
Notes from 2/25 results
MARCH 8, 2007 -- A few tidbits from 2/25... More info
Reminder: Dumb-light Savings Time this Sunday
MARCH 7, 2007 -- Don't forget to set your clocks ahead one hour before your Sunday tipoff... More info
Playoff Brackets for 3/11 Posted
MARCH 6, 2007 -- Click on the Playoff Brackets link above to see who advanced. #5 Sqad Up upset the #1 Rounders, who didn't have the services of leading scorer Vince Lau, to advance against the #3 Ligers, who beat #2 In It To Win It.
In the Losers Bracket, the #4 Wildcats 510 came back for a close victory against the #3 Blazers. With three teams left in the Losers Bracket, the #1 Rounders will get the auto-advance, playing the winner of Wildcats vs IITWI. Both games will be at the homecourt of the Rounders, Oakland.
On 3/18, the loser of the Ligers vs Sqad Up will face the survivor of this weekend's Losers Bracket, then the winner of that game will play the winner of Ligers vs Sqad Up for the championship, in Oakland since both teams are from Oakland. If the Losers Bracket team wins, then we'll have a repeat championship on 3/25.
We hope to have stats and recaps from 2/25 and 3/4 up soon.
Schedule for 3/4 Posted
MARCH 1, 2007 -- Wow, it's March already. Btw, we plan to start next season with a soft launch on April 9. You can probably start your team as late as 2 weeks (4/23) after that. Look out for our usual big pre-season blast email.
Anyways, click on the Bird's Eye View link above for 3/4. Again, the SCORES/SCHEDULES page won't be updated for another 24-36 hours. Also, the scores and stats from last week are gonna be a little delayed, as we weren't able to pickup the scoresheets from CSM, BCRC, and IJRC. The good news is, most of the stats from up to 2/11 should all be up by now and you know who won by the Playoff Brackets page. If not, feel free to email us, as our assumption is that our teenage statcrew fulfilled their assignments.
Use Common Sense with Scheduling
FEBRUARY 27, 2007 -- Please be reminded of several things when it comes to scheduling. First, we have designed dreamleague to be flexible to every teams' ever-changing weekly desires (that's why we do it this way), but please provide specific times when making requests, otherwise you leave it open to interpretation. Second, we're in playoffs and many teams are gone, which means tipoff timeframes are, by nature, squeezed because gym directors only want to deal with blocks of time in a row.
Scheduling decisions will be made on a democratic basis. Failing that, we will do what is best for league logistics, which often include scorekeeping staff constraints. Finally and most importantly, be prepared for the worst. If the stars between you and your opponent's requests -- along with that of the gym directors -- do not align, then your players will have to make some choices. Don't be surprised if some games are decided by the players who are able to clear their Sunday schedules over those who are not.
Playoff Brackets Updated for 3/4
FEBRUARY 27, 2007 -- Correction: Elephants only had single-elimination, so they're out. That means Blazers vs Wildcats in the Losers Bracket on 3/4. Losers Bracket might look different on 3/11 depending on what happens in the Winners Bracket.
FEBRUARY 26, 2007 -- Check the Playoff Bracket link above. There's a chance that we will only have one Losers Bracket game this Sun 3/4 because we'll have two more teams fall from the Winners Bracket, creating an even four remaining for 3/11. More info later this week.
Schedule for 2/25 Posted
FEBRUARY 22, 2007 -- Click on the Bird's Eye View link above. Please note that we'll put the schedule up on each league's SCHEDULE/SCORES page, but the SCHEDULE/SCORES page is prone to error, so please report any errors you see on SCHEDULE/SCORES to the league ASAP (this will be on Friday).
Playoff Brackets Updated
FEBRUARY 19, 2007 -- Click on the Playoff Brackets link above.
Refs for 2/11, Scheduling for 2/25
FEBRUARY 9, 2007 -- FYI: for 2/11, 5 of our top 7 refs are unavailable.
For 2/25 (remember, 2/18 is a leaguewide bye unless there are a bunch of objections), please to tell us early about your tipoff preferences. If there are particularly special/acute requests, we will ask you to provide one scorekeeper before or after your game, that week or the following.
This bears repeating because two of our veteran teams this past weekend alerted the league office to times they could not attend, at the last minute.
To all the players out there, don't make your captains look like a troublemaker to the league office. Be a little more proactive with your calendar. Communicate with your captain. If you don't, then you're leaving your team out to dry at the worst time, during playoffs.
Tipoffs for 2/11 Posted
FEBRUARY 8, 2007 -- See Bird's Eye View link above. SCHEDULE/SCORES pages, which are more error-prone, to be updated later. Bird's Eye is just a copy/paste of the master spreadsheet, so it's final.
Names to be removed by Saturday
FEBRUARY 7, 2007 -- We will be removing the names from the article about the suspensions and technicals from the altercation at last Sunday's game by this Saturday. For now, the names remain purely for informational purposes with respect to the AAA-6FT division.
Reminder: no games on 2/18
FEBRUARY 6, 2007 -- As you should know by now, I'll be gone on 2/18 for the Vegas All-Star Weekend Tourney. It's listed as a league-wide bye.
If this is a problem for anyone, please let us know ASAP, although we'd be hard-pressed to find backup staff to run dreamleague on 2/18 anyways.
Playoffs will last 5 weeks, 6 if a repeat championship is needed. That means with 2/18 as a bye, we would end on 3/18 (or 3/25 with a repeat championship).
Top 4 seeds get byes on 2/11
FEBRUARY 6, 2007 -- Due to severe gym limitations, we will give the top 4 seeds (see Final Rankings) a bye this Sunday 2/11... More info
Cheng Saelee of Sqad suspended, others on notice
FEBRUARY 5, 2007 -- Cheng Saelee (#23) of Sqad Up has been suspended for one game by the league office due to an altercation at Sunday's game against the Blazers... More info
Bird's Eye View Schedule for 2/4 Now Up
FEBRUARY 1, 2007 (8:00AM) -- See Bird's Eye link above. For AAA-6FT this is a weekend of three makeup games. Reminder: all teams should have 8 regular season games completed after 2/4. Only teams with more than 8 paid roster slots can have more than 8 players anytime during the playoffs.
Finally, Last Minute was supposed to play against Mark Chang, but since Last folded, Mark gets the forfeit win.
Final payment audit will occur by Fri 2/2.
As usual, the SCHEDULE/SCORES page will not be posted until later (and is more prone to error whereby the Bird's Eye View is the final version).
Auto-Forfeit Alerts for 1/28
JANUARY 26, 2007 (4:30PM) -- Check the online spreadsheet on the Registry of Payments page (link is on the right). The following teams are at risk of forfeiting before tipoff this Sunday 1/28...
The following teams will be at risk of auto-forfeits next week 2/4...
- Blazers: 5 spots paid, 7th game on 1/28 = 2 spots to be paid.
- BEAST: 7 spots paid, 8th game on 1/28 = 1 spot to be paid.
- Mark Chang: 6 spots paid, 7th game on 1/28 = 1 spot to be paid.
Matchup Explanations for 1/28
- Blazers: 8th game on 2/4, 5 spots paid thus far.
- Mark Chang: 8th game on 2/4, 6 spots paid thus far.
- T.L Bombers: 8th game on 2/4, 7 spots paid thus far.
JANUARY 26, 2007 (1:00PM) -- Nothing special to report. This is kind of like makeup games. The only big thing is, Last Minute is no longer with us due to failure of payments. And we cannot have other games in place of that because of the lack of funds from them to put on such games. So their last two games are forfeits to FAO (1/28) and Mark Chang (2/4).
2/4 is the last weekend of regular season with these games: Ligr-TLB, Last-Mark (fft), and Sqad-Blzr. I have Ligers at TLB in SF (I'll look into that later). Your team should have 8 regular season games exactly after 2/4.
Auto-forfeit report comes out later today.
DLBA Content Finally Within Earshot of DLNY's
JANUARY 26, 2007 (8:00AM) -- Okay, the real headline should be "Team Profile of AAA-P Das Boot", but this stuff is so good, every division has this paragraph on their homepage now.
Vinsanity's interview of Das Boot captain John Yi finally gives us one notch in terms of awesome local content. If you've ever read the DL NYC pages, you know that we've been envious of such fantastic reading consumption. Only about 364 such interviews to go to catch up to NYC. Thank you, Vinsanity... More info
Schedule for 1/28 Posted
JANUARY 25, 2007 (8:00PM) -- See Bird's Eye View link above.
Still Working on the 1/28 Schedule
JANUARY 25, 2007 (12:00PM) -- Sorry about this. Killed a day working (finally) on the Vegas tournament. Also, remember that Big T Monkey and I are geeks and spend certain Saturdays coding the new dreamleague website. Saturday was tiring as I had to spend another 3 hours till 1am sorting out the 3rd batch of t-shirts. Plus, I spend about 13 hours every Sunday running the league, so I definitely took my single "weekend" day on Monday.
Anyhow, the schedule should be up by 5pm today. Auto-forfeit updates also coming soon, so you better get your payments in before they go up by $1 tonight.
JANUARY 18, 2007 (1:00PM) -- Time to check the Payment Registry page again (see link on the right under "articles from this season"). Here are the teams that are at risk of auto-forfeiting this Sunday 1/21...
...and the teams that will be in jeopardy next week...
- BEAST: 6 spots paid, 7th game on 1/21 = 1 spot to be paid by 1/21.
- IITWI: 6 spots paid, 7th game on 1/21 = 1 spot to be paid by 1/21.
- Mark Chang: 4 spots paid, 6th game on 1/21 = 2 spots to be paid by 1/21.
- Sqad Up: 6 spots paid, 7th game on 1/21 = 1 spots to be paid by 1/21.
- TL Bombers: 2 spots paid, 7th game on 1/21 = 5 spots to be paid by 1/18.
- Last Minute: still figuring out with the scorekeeper the cash they paid after tipoff last week, but for sure they are not paid in full and will owe 1 spot AT LEAST.
...and finally, teams that are not fully paid yet...
- Blazers (bye on 1/21): 5 spots paid, 7th game on 1/28 = 2 spots to be paid by 1/28.
Please keep checking the Payment Registry page for updates.
- Ligers: 7 of at least 8 spots paid.
Schedule for 1/21 Now Up
JANUARY 18, 2007 (10:30AM) -- Bird's Eye View schedule is now up (see link above). SCHEDULE/SCORES pages being updated ASAP.
One thing that is still not getting through to dozens of players is that as soon as they know their own personal schedule for Sunday and it affects their team's/teams' minimum 6-hour tipoff window, they should contact their captain immediately or just email the league office and copy in their captain.
If you do this before Tuesday of every week, you have a much greater chance of getting the time you want. If you wait until Tuesday afternoon and we've already started the schedule, it is usually nearly impossible to accommodate because our schedule has so many dependencies, namely with guys playing on multiple teams and making sure scorekeepers who play on certain teams are in the right place at the right time. Thus, by Tuesday night, the schedule becomes a veritable house of cards.
Don't forget that if you do make a special tipoff request, it is customary to scorekeep the game before or after in exchange. This is because it is indeed more difficult to construct the schedule with constrained parameters.
Matchups for 1/21
JANUARY 17, 2006 -- We're still working on the tipoffs. In the meantime, here are some notes for 1/21...
Payment registries will be updated today and potential auto-forfeits announced tomorrow.
- BYE: Blazers.
- Last at Wild: Probably has to be in the morning.
- BST at IITWI: Only agreeable time is 2pm.
- Mark at TLB: In SF, looks like early afternoon or so.
- Ele at Sqad: Probably in midday-ish.
- Rndr at Wood: Rndr (midday?) can't conflict with REC Papr, which is in SF.
- FAO at Ligr: Probably in AM. Sorry Ligr, but either you or Sqad and Sqad has already done an AM game.
JANUARY 12, 2007 -- The following teams are in jeopardy of auto-forfeits...
Reminder: Keep Our Gyms Clean
- Blazers: 1 roster to be paid before tipoff.
- Last: 3 spots must be paid by tipoff.
- Mark: 2 spots must be paid by tipoff.
- TLB: 4 spots must be paid by tipoff.
- BEAST: By 1/21, needs 1 roster spot to be paid.
- IITWI: By 1/21, needs 1 roster spot to be paid.
JANUARY 11, 2007 (12:00PM) -- Every now and then, we have to send out a reminder. Please pickup plastic bottles and stuff that you normally leave at the bench.
Just bring ONE empty bottle with you on the way out and dump it in the garbage can. At Potrero, this has become really bad. So I'll try to get the gym director to move the garbage bins closer to each bench, but let's just not get him mad, okay?
1/14 Schedule Now Up
JANUARY 11, 2007 (8:00AM) -- Bird's Eye View now up. SCHEDULE/SCORES to be updated later. More on 1/14...
Photos of dreamleaguers
- Payments haven't been updated for a few days.
- Auto-forfeit list (if any) to be posted soon.
- Byes: Ligr/BST (moved to 1/28) and IITWI
- Long layoff in between Rndr and REC Papr unavoidable.
- Scores are currently about 4-5 days' lag.
- Stats are currently at about 2 weeks' lag.
JANUARY 9, 2007 -- Vinsanity has been taking some pics for us, mostly starting with AAA-P. Here are some updated as of 1/7. Maybe at some point during the playoffs he'll have a few shots of every division, but his primary focus will be AAA-P West... View photos
Quick Request: Paper for Scoresheets Needed!
JANUARY 9, 2007 -- While we have a break in the action early in the week, we'd like to request at least two (2) packs of 8.5" x 11" paper to print on. Doesn't have to be fancy; matter of fact, we'd prefer if it is of the "recycled" kind. These will be used as our scoresheets every week. We use about 70 sheets of paper for the 35 or so games we have each week, so we're a bit dwindled by now.
So if your big company can spare a ream or two, for the good of our community organization in which the bulk of the paper will eventually get handled by a teenager from the projects, please bring a ream or two to your next game this Sunday 1/14. THANKS!
More Scheduling News and Gym Idiocy
JANUARY 5, 2007 (8:00AM) -- Check the Season Schedule page for more...
A transcript of why the SCHEDULE/SCORES page didn't go up on Thu...
- Last/Mark and Sqad/Blzr officially moved to 2/4.
- Mark trying last-ditch effort to play vs Last, but needs approval from Last and game would have to be at 8:30AM OCHS in SF.
- For playoffs, might still have games on 2/18 if no AAA-6FT players in Vegas.
See the stupid !@#$% I have to deal with?
- Flashback to Wed 1/3. Commish on call to SMHS gym booker: "Is SMHS available this Sunday?"
- SMHS gym booker: "Yes, it's wide open."
- Commish: "Great, I'll call you on Thu with the specific times."
- SMHS: "Talk to booker supervisor in the morning since I won't get in until 1pm."
- Commish on Thu morning, voicemail to booker supe: "Just reconfirming Sunday."
- No word back for 6 hours.
- SMHS booker in v-mail to Commish: "Supe just told me they've got Color Guard in the gym all day Saturday. Sorry, can't do it."
- Commish with puzzled look at his cellphone, thinks: "But I friggin' asked for SUNDAY!" Leaves another voicemail.
- WHAT THIS MEANS TO YOU: If you're scheduled to play in SMHS, I might need to move it to SQHX (Sequoia auxiliary gym).
Glaring payment delinquencies...
Rise Up, Oakland (Literally) for 1/7
- In It To Win It: 4 $95 spots need to be paid before tipoff!
- Last Minute: only 2 spots paid. Those late fees are gonna add up.
- T.L Bombers: Ditto that of Last Minute.
- Mark Chang: Only 3 spots paid.
JANUARY 4, 2007 -- Check the Bird's Eye View for the schedule for 1/7, link is above. Due to the gym issues mentioned below, all Oakland games will be earlier than usual. This is the week where we predicted that everyone will have to suck it up. The SCHEDULE/SCORES page will be updated in a few hours.
The good news is, we've checked with IJRC for 1/14 and beyond, and we're looking good. More on 1/14 and beyond in a forthcoming article.
For AAA-6FT, we indeed had to postpone Last/Mark and Sqad/Blzr to 2/4. Sorry, guys.
DON'T FORGET TO UPDATE YOUR PAYMENTS TO AVOID AUTO-FORFEITS (AND LATE FEES) THIS WEEKEND!!!
Some Good News, Some Bad News Affecting 1/7
JANUARY 3, 2007 -- Don't forget to check the payment issues in the immediate article below. Meanwhile, here's the bad news first...
Now here's the good news...
- LAST/MARK AND SQAD/BLZR LIKELY TO BE POSTPONED: We have 15 Oakland-based games and only 12 tipoffs available (see next bullet). With NL EBC-SugB getting moved to SF, that means two games have to be postponed, probably to 2/4 Superbowl Sunday. How do we choose those 2 teams? Can't do it to AAA-P or REC, as they already got the axe on 12/10. Can't do it to many of the teams that provide scorekeepers on a weekly basis. Whatever's left, we looked at the payment situation. Last vs Mark clearly deserved to be postponed. Sqad is pretty much on par with payments, but Blzr aren't really, so they'll probably get postponed as well. Unless another Oakland gym comes out of nowhere to save the day or any of these teams wants to play in SF.
- OAKLAND TIPOFFS: We cannot play any later than a 12pm tipoff at IJRC (due to baby shower) and a 3:30pm tipoff at BCRC (due to famed Oakland Rebels youth practice). This means some Oakland teams have to start sucking it up and playing a little earlier than usual. Unless they want to play in SF. And tell us before it's too late.
- OAKLAND GYMS: We're trying to secure something at IJRC so this doesn't happen again. SACC got booked up all of a sudden (probably by the East Bay youth church league). We tried Alameda Point, Merritt and Laney College. Longfellow Middle School in Berkeley is still prohibitively expensive. We're pulling out all the stops. It just ain't happening right now in the thick of youth hoops. Just ask Encinal or Alameda HS, where NJB dominates. Luckily, this will all subside in March.
- GAMES ON SUPERBOWL 2/4: With a domino effect from above, everyone please be prepared to play on 2/4. Last tipoff would be at 1pm, since the Superbowl kicks off at 3pm. Teams that have requested tipoffs later than 1pm will have to suck it up. Not all divisions will play on 2/4. We will have more info as we get closer.
- PAYMENTS: Bears repeating to check the Payments article below, since forfeits and late fees are affected.
- T-SHIRTS: They've been ordered. Apparently a few of you didn't read the FAQ on t-shirts. Relax. It's just a t-shirt (that we can't pay for until we get certain payments in on time). Despite our perennial low-budget hand-to-mouth survival instincts, you will definitely get your t-shirt, so long as you paid on time and online way back. That being said, the vendor has said that only one-third of the shipment will be available this week, but it's crazy logistics getting the tees out to you anyways, so that doesn't change anything -- we'll still be handing out t-shirts at scorer's tables the next 3 weeks.
- LAST SEASON'S CHAMPIONS: We've got your awards, too. Will be distributed like the t-shirts, at scorer's table (maybe) at your game. Remember, it's a logistical nightmare, so please don't get too over-anxious right away.
- WE'RE MOSTLY CAUGHT UP ON STATS: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for specific questions. And be very, very specific. Don't just say, "My stats are wrong." That doesn't help us one bit. You gotta point out the exact game, date, time, location, name of player, what stat is wrong, everything. By doing so, you save us time, otherwise we have to jump into the damn haystack to find your needle.
- STATS IS WORTH ANOTHER BULLET POINT: Almost totally being caught up with stats is a monumental effort led by Mark Chin. It's literally worth another "good news" bullet point to nearly even it all out. If you spot any curiously interesting stats, please let us know and we'll post them for everyone's entertainment.
Payments Audited...It Ain't Pretty
AUTO-FORFEITS IMMINENT IF TEAMS CONTINUE TO NOT PAY ATTENTION
JANUARY 2, 2007 -- We welcome the New Year on a bit of a sour note. As seen on the AAA-6FT Registry of Payments page, only 7 of the AAA-6FT's 13 teams will be safe from being auto-forfeited for payment delinquency at this Sunday 1/7's tipoffs.
I'm not a happy camper right now for another reason. We have some Oakland gym issues for 1/7 that I'm working through. Ira Jinkins is yanking the rug from under me (after 4 years of loyalty, but that's what happens when gym directors move on). It sure is trying for me to work so hard ironing out these gym issues when half the league is so drastically behind on payments.
I had better see some improvement by Thu morning 8am, otherwise I might just say to hell with it, give the delinquent teams a forfeit by Thu morning and not even worry about scheduling those last few games in gyms that I'm bending over backwards trying to get right now.
THE FOLLOWING TEAMS WILL AUTO-FORFEIT AT TIPOFF ON SUNDAY IF PAID ROSTER SLOTS DO NOT EQUAL THE NUMBER OF THE GAME COMING UP THIS SUNDAY:
Should both teams of any particular game auto-forfeit, both teams will receive a loss which will count against their race for .500 and double-elim playoff status.
- Blazers must pay for 3 spots or they will forfeit.
- Last Minute must pay for 3 spots or they will forfeit.
- T.L Bombers (bye 1/7) must pay for 4 spots as of 1/14 or they will forfeit.
- In It To Win It must pay for 4 spots or they will forfeit.
- Morning Wood must pay for 3 spots or they will forfeit.
- Mark Chang must pay for 3 spots or they will forfeit.
Use the payment button on the right, or if you are having trouble finding it, click directly to the Payments page.
As you can see, we are well into the season by now and fees have gone up by $1 per game week elapsed. Everyone who pays this week will be paying a cumulative $5 late fee. Fees will continue to go up by $1 each week we have games.
1/21 and 1/28 Games Swapped Per Sqad Up Request
DECEMBER 27, 2006 -- Sqad Up has requested that their bye be on 1/28 instead of 1/21. Since no team has insisted on locking down the byes on either of these weekends, Sqad Up's request has been granted. See original Season Schedule Matchups page.
Scheduling Notes for 12/10
DECEMBER 8, 2006 -- TLB/Wood game swapped with AL-E game. TLB/Wood now at 12:30pm.
DECEMBER 7, 2006 -- SCHEDULE/SCORES page to be updated within a few hours. Nothing major to report except that Ligers, Last Minute, and Blazers have byes. The 5 games on 12/10 are pretty much according to tipoff prefs.
Corporate Donations Drive
DECEMBER 6, 2006 (7:00PM) -- Even though it's pretty much essential to our survival, we've been way too swamped of late to follow up with you guys about corporate donations.
Our newest dreamleague volunteer, Miky Kuo, might be giving you a call to set something up via snail mail (filling out a form) or at this Sunday's games. Thanks for your help as we strive to get all this done before the tax season ends on 12/31.
Major Gym Problems for 12/10
DECEMBER 6, 2006 (4:00PM) -- There's a lot of AAU youth tourneys going on this weekend. SQHS and IJRC are not available and BCRC now has reduced hours. We are trying to plug up the holes, but don't be surprised if we have to postpone some of the following: NL, AAA-P East/South, and REC Oakland. All of these leagues or conferences, we foresee the ability to do makeup games, probably in the morning on 2/4 (Superbowl Sunday). Stay tuned, because while postponement is imminent, IT IS NOT DEFINITE. Schedules will be up in the next 24 hours.
Bay Area Gold Rush Tourney Coming Up!
DECEMBER 5, 2006 -- The deadline for the upcoming Gold Rush Tourney is fast approaching! For the Elite division, we have some new national rankings, which should get interesting as we head into 2007 because there is a parallel elite tourney the same weekend at our Gotham City Games. For our Bay Area tourney, there are also updated lists of teams attending for other divisions, which include Competitive (like our league's AL), 6-Foot, INT/REC (like our AAA), and Masters (35-and-over)... More info
Off-the-Backboard Assists Never Work
Maybe we'll get lucky again and have Alec stumble upon more AAA-6FT games. NOVEMBER 5, 2006 -- Today my team had a bye, but I headed over to Bushrod Community Rec Center anyway to check out a few games... More info
Here's another better-than-nothing recap from Alec:
Elephants 36, Wildcats 45 (AAA-6; 11/5/06 @ 2PM): Wildcats get it done on the boards in a game where both squads seem rusty.
Commish's note: Wildcats? Boards? Captain Vaz San the pogo stick probably had something to do with that.
Scheduling Notes for 12/3
NOVEMBER 30, 2006 -- Scheduling notes for 12/3...
Every Team Will Have to Suck It Up a Little
- Let me know if there's a typo on the SCHEDULE/SCORES page compared with the Bird's Eye View, which is usually more correct because it's just a text copy/paste whereas SCHEDULE/SCORES involves a lot more error-prone clicking.
- Based on the craziness of this week's scheduling, we will attempt to start scheduling games every Tue instead of Wed. This means all special requests should be emailed before the end of Tue, otherwise you might as well not request it because it's probably too late.
- Bye: Wildcats 510.
- Mark vs Wood: 11am thanks to Wood opening up their tipoff timeframe (in absence of regular capt, no doubt!). This alleviated some scorekeeping staffing concerns later in the day at PHRC.
- IITWI at TLB: No issues.
- Last at Rndr: Had to be locked at 12pm because Rndr player is on REC team at 10am and helping us scorekeep at 11am.
- BST at Blzr: Only agreeable tipoff is 2pm due to contrasting timeframes.
- FAO at Sqad: No issues.
- Ligr at Ele: Need Ele players to scorekeep at 3pm, therefore this game locked in at 2pm.
NOVEMBER 29, 2006 -- Here are some hot items of late:
On tap for the website Thursday: 12/3 scheduling and notes and Gold Rush Tourney stuff
- We have been getting quite a few 1pm or later tipoff requests. We don't have any additional gym space; it would cost everyone more money to try and find new gyms just for the afternoon. Everyone will need to suck it up once in awhile and play at 9:30 or 10:00 at some point. If someone has a better alternative, such as a new gym where fees are affordable, let us know.
- If your team makes a special request, we will need your help in returning the favor with game scorekeeping, or 1-hour scoresheet compiling (which helps get your stats up faster), before or after your game.
- We could still use more help with the stats. This could be as simple as sticking around after your game to compile your stats, in which we would bump your team's stats up to #1 priority for the week, or helping us get more youth staffers.
For Friday: The start of league articles for AAA-P, NL, AL-E, AL-P, and AAA-E.
Chinese Youth with Skillz for LeBron Commercial
NOVEMBER 27, 2006 -- We got a call today from Blake Casting in Hollywood. They are filming the next LeBron James commercial with Microsoft. Probably has something to do with LeBron's deliberate push into the Chinese market.
They are looking to cast a PAID role alongside LeBron. This person must be:
Contact us immediately for more details.
- Genetically Chinese.
- A 10- to 15 year-old BOY (unfortunately not looking for girls).
- An otherwise awesome basketball player with really good skills.
Roster Slot Fees Have Started to Go Up
NOVEMBER 27, 2006 -- Roster slot fees have gone up two bucks from the original price. This is actually one week behind schedule, as we originally said prices would be going up starting 11/6.
We have found this to be the only effective way to get your slow-paying teammates to get moving.
Please be aware that one roster slot per game played must be paid BEFORE TIPOFF, otherwise your team will AUTOMATICALLY FORFEIT. If you cannot pay online by credit card, you can pay the senior Dream League scorekeeper at the scorer's table.
If you pay by cash, be sure it's written down on the scoresheet and signed by you.
WE WILL BE UPDATING PAYMENTS MADE PER TEAM IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS. The payment info currently found on the Rumor Mill will be transferred to each appropriate league page. If you are unsure if certain teammates have paid or not, send us a quick email and we will do a search in our Google Checkout account. A full audit is expected after 12/11 as we hit the Tourney/Xmas/NewYear break.
Ligers Bye Request Changes Schedule
NOVEMBER 22, 2006 -- The Ligers' request to shift their byes from 12/3 and 12/10 to 1/7 and 1/14 has resulted in the following season scheduling changes, which includes a doubleheader for the Ligers on 1/21 because their request for a bye on 1/14 came in after In It To Win It's... More info