2010 Winter-Spring (SF/Oakland/Peninsula/SJ)
|Updated 1/27 11:45AM|
|Season Homepage | Signup Page | Calendar | Rumor Mill|
WED 1/27 (11:45AM) -- Here is the calendar for the 2010 Winter-Spring season. Remember, all games are on Sundays...
It is NOT advisable to make any vacation plans until July. Yes, July. This is because you never know, something may happen and we may spill games past the target drop-dead end date of 5/23. We typically do not postpone any games unless there is an overwhelming majority vote of captains in any particular division to do so.
- 2/14 - Pre-season tournament (details to be posted shortly)
- 2/21 - "Soft-launch" (teams may choose to start here, if they want to TRY for a bye later in the season)
- 2/28 - All teams must start by this date (let's assume this is officially Game #1 of 7 regular season games)
- 3/7 - Game #2 of 7
- 3/14 - Game #3 of 7
- 3/21 - Game #4 of 7
- 3/28 - Game #5 of 7
- 4/4 - EASTER HOLIDAY* or Game #6 of 7
- 4/11 - Game #7 of 7
- 4/18 - Possible makeup weekend due to Easter 4/4
- 4/25 - Playoffs Week 1 of 4 (or 5)
- 5/2 - Playoffs Week 2 of 4 (or 5)
- 5/9 - Playoffs Week 3 of 4 (or 5)
- 5/16 - Playoffs Week 4 of 4 (or 5)
- 5/23 - Repeat Championships (Playoffs 5 of 5, if nec)
- 5/30 - MEMORIAL DAY HOLIDAY (overflow week if nec)
- 6/5 - Soft-launch of 2010 Summer season
* - EASTER HOLIDAY: Being that we're predominantly (although not exclusively) an Asian-American league, some Filipinos will take Easter Sunday off as a holiday. We can accommodate such teams. However, if there are teams that DO want to play on Easter Sunday, we can also accommodate and, by playing a game on an otherwise off day (presumably against another team that does not have Easter obligations), that team MAY earn the flexibility of having a bye leading up to playoffs.