|Do they give free tacos around here?|
In the NBA, if a team hits 100 points, fans who retain their ticket stubs used to be able to redeem them at a local Taco Bell for a free taco. We’re not sure if that’s still valid now, but if it’s not, it ought to be! TB’s the bomb and we don’t mean Tyrone Blount.
We’ve seen a couple of 100 point games around here – but only in ancient All-Star Games in which both sides made a pact to not play any defense. Right before Thanksgiving, when the Bearmen 2.0 and Thelonious Dunk got together, we must of missed the memo they sent out that said they too would not be playing any 2-3 or man-to-man that night. No, they would be playing matador defense, that was the apparent agreement.
A free chalupa was missed by a single point – the B-Men won 99-88, but stats from that game sizzled hotter than a steak soft taco:
- Kash Miah had 35 points on 13/21 FG, 9/16 from 3 to go with 12 boards and 4 steals.
- Danny Chin threw down triple 11’s. 11 points, boards, and assists. So odd and yet so cool. Wonder if he planned that out in his head as he was playing?
- Mike Chin made 20 points, 8 assists, and 5 steals. He went 9/15 from the field.
- Eugene Truong had a season high 15 points and 3 steals.
- Dave Wang dropped a career high 40 points on 13/29 FG and 6/16 from 3. He also had 7 boards and 4 steals.
- Mark Lee had 22 points and 11 boards.
- Mike Choi made a double double happen with 14 points and 13 rebounds.
Folks, it was a statistician’s worst nightmare. Joe Yen kept the books on that night and he is still getting over a case of Carpel Tunnel’s Syndrome because of it.
And while it was also a defensive tactician’s worst nightmare, it sure was fun.
187 combined points? The B-Men shooting just under 60% and getting 29 dimes and 18 steals as a team? 22 combined made 3’s? 40! 40! 40! 40 points by Wang. When a player hits 40, that’s just another dimension.
So, these two meet again Wednesday night by virtue of TD’s dunking of the Good News Bears last week. The B-Men had a bye.
What can we expect tonight?
Hopefully this time, a free taco!
Guys, shoot your hearts out so we can eat our brains out.