How about this for an “all-decade” team: Kobe Bryant and Paul Pierce in the backcourt (I guess Kobe would have to play point), Dirk Nowitzki at the wing, and Tim Duncan and Z down low?
Z can still be part of this five since his trade to the Wizards doesn’t change the fact that he’s been with the Cavs for over a decade, but it’s a tad different now, this “all-decade” lineup.
Anyways, Pierce writes…
I remember a couple years ago — the summer I signed an extension — I was talking with my mom and my brother about the possibility of going to play in other cities, maybe trying to win somewhere else. It was something that I was always talking about with the people closest to me. And it was crazy because my mom said to me, “You’ve already started building something special over there in Boston.”
I had great friends here, knew the restaurants, the hotels, the club owners. I was really comfortable, you get so used to it. When I moved from Oakland to LA — I think I was 8 or 9 years old — and it was traumatic because I thought I lost everything I knew, all my friends all the relationships I had built. It’s like you’re starting over, and you think about that.
You might also like:
- Hear this B.S. out (Bill Simmons, that is)
- Kobe’s personal scout/traitor
- Carmelo Anthony pointing fingers while claiming he’s not
- Deep confessions from another Poor Man’s Commish
- I believe in 0.3
- EF Hutton / Three-Point Play: Mark Cuban
- Kevin Durant: MVP? Maybe. MGS? Definitely.
- Lessons of NBA League Pass: Last Night’s Top Ocho 11/24/09