Another name gets added to the Bay Area’s stable of elite hoops athletes, to join Mark Payne (UC Davis, pg Draft prospect of 2011) of Stockton, Adrian Oliver (all-conference sg at San Jose State) of Stockton, Orlando Johnson (all-conference sf at UC Santa Barbara) and, of course, Dream League’s fan favorite Jeremy Lin.
His name is Tiny Gallon, 2010 NBA Draft prospect. His Twitter account (@TINYGALLON24) says he’s “a dude from VALLEJO”. He was actually born there, then moved to Houston in the eighth grade.
Here are some excerpts from a recent article…
“When you know a player for so long who can pass the ball, it’s great because he trusts me already out on the court,” Gallon said. “He’s someone I have chemistry with on and off the court. I think people will see that. If we’re reunited, it’d be awesome.”
That was Tiny explaining the interesting possibility of bring drafted by the Milwaukee Bucks and re-joining his AAU teammate, Brandon Jennings.
Here’s more on his game…
“Talking to coach [Scott Skiles], I think he liked me,” Gallon said. “He said they’re missing a forward who can play inside and shoot. There aren’t too many bigs who can step out and shoot the three like me. I guess that’s what makes me different from a lot of bigs.”
I saw him play a couple times on TV while I was really scouting Oklahoma teammate Willie Warren, and I didn’t recall anything amazing about Gallon’s game except that he broke the backboard against Gonzaga, and that he didn’t appear 6′10″ on TV, although that may have been because he was overweight at the time.
I hope to revisit some tape so I can scout him specifically.
You might also like:
- Brandon Jennings and Joe Alexander: Summer Glimpse to Fall For-Real
- Gunnin’ for that NBA pg spot: Vassilis Spanoulis
- Portsmouth prospecting: Just draft Ryan Thompson already!
- Portsmouth prospecting: is Mikhail Torrance a poor man’s Russell Westbrook?
- There and back again: Coast-to-coast to see Jeremy Lin (2/4)
- How draftee agent signings affect Jeremy Lin
- Jeremy Lin: the revolution will not be televised, starting today
- Al-Farouq Aminu shooting with elbow at eyebrow?