Charles Gaines clocking Du Feng leads off this installment of 3pt Play, where things tend to happen in threes. Exhibit A: Gaines, who once played for the San Antonio Spurs, knocks out Du in the Chinese Basketball Association. Then we have Exhibits B and C (non-basketball-related): 59-year-old Tian-Sheng Yu and his 27-year-old son Cheng Yu getting beat up in broad daylight in downtown Oakland…
And if you think Exhibit B and C should be lumped into just Exhibit B, then consider the attacks on San Francisco’s Muni buses not too long ago…
Yes, I’m sure there are Chinese or Asian people getting beat up all the time all over the world as we speak, but I’m just sayin’. All in a matter of days, all reaching headlines. Enough is enough.
For the hoopsters, here’s Exhibit A in more detail:
Thanks for the heads-up on Gaines/Du from SlamOnline writer Daniel Edward Rosen.
Read the whole article at: Heart of Beijing: Charles Gaines KOs Chinese basketball player
You might also like:
- Much ado about China
- Ed Wang, a tad taller than Jeremy Lin
- Not all NBA defensive principles translate to rec leagues
- Anthony Tolliver: newest Warrior and NBA-ready
- The articulate Jared Dudley
- Blindside Picks: Anthony Kim, the ballin’ golfer
- Status check on the “Megatron” star, Jeremy Lin
- 3 Dream League MVPs on the same Philippines team: Urbiztondo, Reyes, Pacana