Every now and then, an interesting hoops-related article will slip under the radar. But never fear, Poor Man’s Commish is here to make sure nothing falls through the cracks, as I check you with the first of many blindside picks!
Anthony Kim, ’sup mang? Golf phenom. Asian-Amillionaire kickin’ it wit NBA superstars. Closet balla! Who knew? Thanks to PGAtour.com’s recent interview, it is written:
- Got hurt playing high school basketball and parents refused to let him continue.
- 5′9″ on a “good day” and “…always the fastest guy on the court. Always.”
- Has the same trainer as fellow OU alum Blake Griffin.
- Would never mess with B.G. on the hoop court. Would be like B.G. “trying to mess with me on the golf course”.
- On playing golf with Michael Jordan: “taking candy from a baby”.
- Words of wisdom from Charles Barkley: there will always be haters. (yep)
- Nick Van Exel is one of his top five players of all time. (WTF?! Anthony, you’re lucky I’m not putting you in my upcoming Woundball Weekly WTF column!)
- He gets courtside seats to the Lakers from his buddy, comedian George Lopez. (Seriously, mang, what else? You dating Michelle Glick too?)
Alright, so I just basically told you the whole interview. But still, you should check it out. In his own words. Oh yeah, one more thing. Kid’s gonna be a gazillionaire by the time he’s through. Age 24 and already made $8.5 million-plus playing golf (dayum, what a profession: long-term, not exactly injury-threatening, you shoot a 70 consistently and you rake in two mil per year!).
A mellow yellow fellow with some steely confidence. I like (no homo!).
You might also like:
- Carmelo Anthony pointing fingers while claiming he’s not
- Anthony Tolliver: newest Warrior and NBA-ready
- Mark Cuban on having personality in the NBA
- Clifford Ray, Rick Barry pick-and-roll praised by Hubie Brown
- EF Hutton: David Stern
- DeMar DeRozan learning the NBA business
- Odds stacked against Jeremy Lin to make the NBA
- Al-Farouq Aminu shooting with elbow at eyebrow?