Very interesting read over at DraftExpress, pertaining to Al-Farouq Aminu and Ishmael Smith working out ahead of the NBA Draft with renowned shooting instructor Dave Hopla in Los Angeles. Three things struck me: (1) I get the feeling Smith waited too long to get his shot fixed, but I’ll save my rants on long-term Draft preparation for another day, (2) Daniel Orton is really working on every facet of his game (good for him), and (3) Aminu is shooting with his elbow at his eyebrows?!
Here’s the excerpt, from the interview portion…
JH: What has it been like working with the legendary shooting coach, Dave Hopla? What he has worked on with you?
In fact, I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone — not even Joe Schmoe — shoot with their elbow at their eyebrows, throughout 8 years of running tournaments and leagues, with me watching a good portion of over 100 teams playing every weekend!
There’s got to be more to this elbow-at-eyebrow thing than meets the eye. For now, it’s bugging me.
Read the whole article: DraftExpress: West Coast Workout Swing Part 2: Al-Farouq Aminu in Los Angeles
You might also like:
- Ambidextrous basketball players
- Malcolm Lee is one less pg in the ring
- Consummate teammate: Da’Sean Butler apologizing for being on fire
- Ed Wang, a tad taller than Jeremy Lin
- Looks like Avery Bradley’s a point guard
- DraftExpress’s Portsmouth notes on Jeremy Lin
- Portsmouth prospecting: Just draft Ryan Thompson already!
- A few pg prospects return to college