The dozen or so point guard Draft prospects including Jeremy Lin, our fan favorite of Dream League, just got an available roster spot — scarce as they may be (remember, there were 16 point guards drafted last year) — as A.J. Price of the Indiana Pacers went down with a broken patella and will be sidelined four to six months. That puts his return past training camp, and quite possibly past Opening Day and even as far as December 2010.
Here’s an excerpt from TSN:
“Price suffered the injury in a charity basketball game Saturday night in New York. He will have surgery Tuesday in Indianapolis, where he will also rehabilitate with the Pacers’ medical staff.
Price injured the same knee two years ago, suffering a torn ACL while playing in an NCAA Tournament game for the University of Connecticut.”
Read the whole article: Pacers G Price needs surgery, out 4-6 months
You might also like:
- How to do a 96-team tourney the right way (88: better, 112: do-able)
- Ambidextrous basketball players
- What Jeremy Lin’s up against at Portsmouth
- Through NBA Eyes: 3 reasons why NCAA Tourney expansion is good
- It’s all on Portsmouth for Jeremy Lin, but…
- Consummate teammate: Da’Sean Butler apologizing for being on fire
- 4 (four!) of our Dream League refs make it to the NBA
- Portsmouth prospecting: Omar Samhan’s big mistake?