Now that the NBA Draft is done, what are the chances of actually making the NBA? Here are some interesting numbers as analyzed by a Utah Jazz blogger. The data was collected for a ten-year period up through the 2007 NBA Draft. With Jeremy Lin projected not getting drafted at all, you can see that [...]
Archive for June, 2010
Being a full-time Poor Man’s Commish can be kinda cool sometimes, but there are other hoops-related jobs out there. How about personal scout/traitor for Kobe Bryant? That’s what Mike Procopio was, in a recent profile in the New York Times (linked below).
He grew up a Boston Celtics fan literally within a stone’s throw of the [...]
Another name gets added to the Bay Area’s stable of elite hoops athletes, to join Mark Payne (UC Davis, pg Draft prospect of 2011) of Stockton, Adrian Oliver (all-conference sg at San Jose State) of Stockton, Orlando Johnson (all-conference sf at UC Santa Barbara) and, of course, Dream League’s fan favorite Jeremy Lin.
His name is [...]
After Glen “Big Baby” Davis’s game-winning performance in Game 4 of the 2010 NBA FInals the other night, NBA writer Steve Aschburner caught up with Celtics assistant coach Clifford Ray for some reminiscing and penned a great read, especially for Golden State Warrior fans. Here are some excerpts…
Please note that [head coach Doc Rivers] does [...]
- Odds stacked against Jeremy Lin to make the NBA
- Kobe’s personal scout/traitor
- Draft prospect Tiny Gallon is from Vallejo
- Clifford Ray, Rick Barry pick-and-roll praised by Hubie Brown
- AJ Price’s injury opens up an NBA pg roster spot
- Al-Farouq Aminu shooting with elbow at eyebrow?
- Portsmouth prospecting: Jeremy Lin’s hidden numbers
- Point guard prospect Ben Uzoh